The Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Colorado provides a safe, positive place for the kids in Craig and Steamboat Springs communities. Our Clubs have full time, part time, and junior staff youth development professionals, who mentor, teach and play with the youth we serve.
At the Clubs, members are involved in educational and fun youth-development programs that give each child a sense of competence, power to influence decisions, usefulness and belonging–all qualities which will help them make the most of their lives and become the leaders of today and tomorrow.
Did You Know That . . .
- Children involved in after school activities have less time to get into trouble
- Children who have a sense of belonging do better in school
- For a $25 membership fee, your child can attend afterschool 5 days per week, 3pm-7pm
- A school bus in Craig will pick your child up and deliver them the Club for no additional cost
- A school bus in Steamboat will pick up your child at Strawberry Park & the Middle School and deliver them to the Boys & Girl Club
- Every afternoon the Steamboat staff walk the kids from Soda Creek and Lowell Whiteman to the Steamboat Club
- Programs such as Nature Club, Community Action, Healthy Habits, Book Club, World View, Music Makers, Fun Fitness, Game Tech and Photo Tech are offered
- The Boys & Girls Club has: A computer lab with over 20 computers, a game room with a pool table, a carpetball table, a foosball tables and an air hockey table. We also have an arts & crafts studio AND a full gymnasium
- The Boys and Girls Club in Steamboat is open for Blues Break from 7:30am-6:00pm and we are partnering with Yampatika Environmental Learning center to offer our kids an Environmental Experience!
- Both the Craig and Steamboat Clubs are open during Spring Break, school days off and throughout the summer